The PLA maintains the Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter of the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame to honor the great players, coaches, officials, promoters and others, both men and women, who have made significant contributions to the game in Pennsylvania and are deserving of the highest recognition.
Induction to US Lacrosse’s Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter Hall of Fame is one of the highest honors one can receive for achievement in the sport in Pennsylvania. Chapter Hall of Fame recognition is a condition for eligibility for the National Lacrosse Hall of Fame, which is located in Baltimore.
The PLA established the Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter Hall of Fame in 1998, when it inducted its first Hall of Fame class of 12 individuals. At that time, the PLA also extended Chapter Hall of Fame status to individuals from the Commonwealth who had already been inducted into the National Lacrosse Hall of Fame. The PLA initially hosted its Hall of Fame Banquet every year, but now hosts the event every two years. You can find and read the lacrosse biographies for our Hall of Famers on this site (members are organized alphabetically and by year of induction).
PLA “Wall of Fame”: You can also find plaques honoring the Hall of Famers on the "PLA Wall of Fame" and in the display cases at United Sports Training Center in Downingtown. The Wall of Fame is located in the corridor between USTC's two main rinks. The PLA wishes to thank the Ronon Family for designating funds from the Andrew T. Ronon Memorial Fund to help construct the Wall of Fame and the display cases at USTC. The PLA also wishes to thank USTC for donating the space in its facility to honor our Hall of Fame inductees.
Criteria/Categories and the Nomination/Selection Process: The Hall of Fame selection process requires nomination, deliberation by the PLA's Hall of Fame Committee, the balloting of members of the lacrosse community, HOF Committee recommendations (post-ballot) and voting by the PLA Board of Directors. For more information, please review the materials below.
Nominees should represent the highest degree of excellence and dedication to the game of lacrosse in one or more of the following categories:
- A truly great player who has contributed noteworthy service to the game of lacrosse over the years in Pennsylvania.
- A truly great player in Pennsylvania.
- A truly great coach who has contributed noteworthy service to the game of lacrosse over the years in Pennsylvania.
- A truly great coach in Pennsylvania.
- An official/umpire who has contributed noteworthy service to the game of lacrosse over the years in Pennsylvania.
- A talented Pennsylvania player who has made a truly great contribution to society.
- An individual who has demonstrated long, dedicated and exceptional service to the game of lacrosse in Pennsylvania. (No more than one candidate in this category can be inducted per class.)
- A qualified individual in Pennsylvania whose career in or involvement with lacrosse was completed at least 25 years prior to the current year and who in the committee’s opinion may have been overlooked or otherwise is deserving of the highest recognition.
Additionally, in order to be considered for nomination, candidates must:
- Be at least ten years beyond their normal or original projected college/university graduation date. Those graduates from 2004 or earlier are eligible for consideration for the Class of 2015 (college attendance or graduation is not a requirement for Hall of Fame consideration).
Have a completed and detailed questionnaire on file with the nomination committee.
Click here for Hall of Fame questionaire.